Engineer is one of the four confirmed Classes for Brink. This class is used for offensive and defensive strategy. The player can set up a strong defense using the turrets and force enemies to go a specific way using the mines.
Primary objectives for the Engineer class include;
- Repairing robot escorts if they take too much damage
Secondary objectives include;
- Removing enemy shortcuts by repairing doorways etc.
- Building machine gun nests, these nests cannot be constructed anywhere and are placed deconstructed at predetermined places on the map.
- Defusing mines, spotted by the Operative class.
- The Engineer class is the only class that can reverse an Operative's hacking module.
- The Engineer can "buff" an allies weapon, increasing the damage.
Based on the image, the Engineer class has at least the following:
- A sentry/turret which can be upgraded from light to medium to heavy
- Pyromines 
- Repair tool, used when doing any of the Engineer's primary or secondary objectives, in the same way the Operative class uses the hacking module.
 Other Classes
Although many upgrades and specializations may be made to differentiate between the base classes, characters build from four main classes.
Related Threadsbest source+other game engine combo? - last post by @ Jul 9, 2009
Html capability in hl2 game engine - last post by @ Jun 7, 2006
engine error - last post by @ Oct 24, 2005
Is this the pinnacle of graphics engines? - last post by @ Jan 22, 2005
Mods: Behold the power of the Source engine (Mod List First Post) - last post by @ Nov 25, 2003